X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWS "Special Weather Alert"

My WX-200 will not decode NWS "Special Weather Alert" even after selecting the "Accept all Event Codes" in the WX-200 Override Options. NWS Tallahassee is using the "Special Weather Alert" prior to any watch or warnings. Any suggestions as to why the WX-200 will not decode the "Special Weather Alert" event? All other events decode ok.

TNX,

Steve
    AC4QB
    Last edited by ac4qb; 08-04-2006, 12:53 PM. Reason: Add to title

NWS "Special Weather Alert" Will Not Decode

Hi Steve,

I am not aware of the "Special Weather Alert" event code you mentioned in your posting. I check FCC Part 11 (Emergency Alert System) and that document does not list that event.

If you check "Accept all Event Codes" option, the WX-200 will only pass all valid EAS event codes.

73's,
    AL - CAT

Comment

Hi Al,

I made a mistake in calling it an "alert". I should have said "Statement" instead, sorry. There are two "Statements" I need the WX-200 to decode. They are "Special Weather Statement" and "Severe Weather Statement". The EAS Event (NWR-SAME) Codes are: Special Weather Statement- SPS and Severe Weather Statement- SVS. (www.nws.noaa.gov/os/eas_codes.shtml)
      At any rate, the WX-200 still will not decode either. What can we do to fix this?

TNX,

Steve
      AC4QB

Comment

WX-200 Weather Receiver

Hi Steve,

Presently the WX-200 does not respond to any statement event codes. To implement the statement decoding will require radio firmware changes (new upgraded processor with more memory) and programming changes to the configuration editor. Because of this extensive revisions, let me first tell you that we have been waiting for an announcement calling for the new event codes related to homeland security and terrorist event codes. At that time we were planning on releasing an upgrade kit covering these new codes. So, when we begin working on that upgrade, we'll incorporate the "statement" event codes you are requesting along with the new homeland security codes.

73's,
        AL - CAT

Comment

NWS "Special Weather Alert"

Thanks Al,

Put me on the list and let me know when the upgrade is available for the WX-200.

Steve
          AC4QB

Comment

Working...
          X