Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Interfacing audio delay board to older Cat 300DX with 4 pin J5...... Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interfacing audio delay board to older Cat 300DX with 4 pin J5......

I just ordered a AD-1000 and am wondering if im going to have any troubles interfacing to a older Cat-300dx with a 4 pin header at J5, I was just planning on getting COR from pin 11 on J4.

Does this sound ok? Thanks!

Re: Interfacing audio delay board

I think you should be okay with connecting to J4 pin 11. Looking at a schematic on their newer controller does show the pin 5 going to the raw COR input on the main connector.

Bob

Comment

Pin # 5 of the AD-1000 needs to be connected to Pin # 6 of the 25 Pin DB connector (cor) from your repeater receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlie View Post
        Pin # 5 of the AD-1000 needs to be connected to Pin # 6 of the 25 Pin DB connector (cor) from your repeater receiver.
        Harlie is correct.

Comment

Thank you very much for the info, I have one more question. Do I still leave COR connected to pin 6 of the DB25 on the CAT 300 and run a jumper from pin 6 of the CAT over to the AD-1000 or disconnect it entirely from the CAT leaving the COR line only connected to the AD-1000? I also figure I better mention that I am using a TS-64 as a CTCSS decoder only. This is the reasoning for using the AD-1000 as when it is in tone requirement mode it has a squelch tail. Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Yes, leave cor connected to pin 6 & wire a jumper to the AD-1000.

Comment

Working...
            X