X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• icom FR3000

Has anyone successfully interfaced the CAT 300 to an ICOM FR3000 repeater?
    We made up a cable to the FR3000 accessory connector but it does not work. The ICOM repeater did not come with schematics and ICOM is reluctant to support us.

Check mods.dk. There is a service manual on there for it.

Under the service manuals, board layouts, "Reg/Jack 1/2 Unit" is where you should find the pinouts you need.

Comment

FR3000 Interface

We are using an FR4000 which has the same pinout as the FR3000. It works extremely well and has proven itself as a "bulletproof" repeater.

Here is the info you need:
      The pinout on the Icom DB-25 connector is as follows: Pin #1 -- COR, Pin #10 -- TX audio, Pin #12 -- RX Audio, Pin #19 -- PTT, Pin 24 -- Ground. If you wish to insert PL encode only while rx active (IRLP or Echolink) & not transmit beeps & boops, etc, Pin #8 -- PL, DCS tone insertion. On your tone deck, power it continuously & ground line goes to Active low COR point. Tie the tone output to Icom DB-25 Pin #8 & you will only generate tone while rx active. ANOTHER IMPORTANT NOTE NOT DOCUMENTED .... to have external controller take over, Icom IC-FR4000 must be in REMOTE MODE!

Once interfaced, BE SURE to push the remote button (activates the remote mode). This disables the internal controller & allows total control by the CAT300, or for that matter, any external controller/device.

Good luck & if I can be of further assistance, contact me at KM9E@mac.com. You can see my full posting of this system under the CAT1000 forum.

Rick, KM9E

Comment

Working...
      X