Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat-200 audio

Al,

Would you be willing to post a general guide to adjusting and setting the audio levels on the CAT-200 controller? I have been working to get our controller audio set, but with all of the pot's on the board, it can get rather confusing as to what each one does, and the order in which to adjust them. Also, I understand there are points to check audio voltage on the board?

Secondly, the audio that I am using from our reciever is from the descriminator tap on the radio, however, I have found that the audio is quite tinny and extremely low. I've adjusted a few of the pots on the board but never am able to get the audio loud enough or to inject any bass. The controller voices sound great leaving me to believe this is something in the reciever. Any ideas or suggestions?

Justin W. Pauler, W5JWP :help:

Hello Justin,

To set audio level into the CAT-200, use an AC voltmeter that will measure below 300MV. Connect the POS lead of the voltmeter to TP # 1 & connect the NEG lead to ground. With a Handheld send DTMF # & set TP # 1 for 200MV to 220MV. Make sure you hold the Handheld away from the controller as RF could interfere with the audio input. The CAT-200 has a place to solder a mylar capacitor (C10), install a (.0047MFD),(.0068MFD),(.0082MFD) one of the 3 should sound a lot better. You will just have to install & see what sounds the best to you. I would start with the (.0047MFD). When you are happy with the sound, then adjust the audio output of the CAT-200 to the transmitter.

Harlie

Comment

Ok.. Would you mind explaining what the other audio adjustments are on the CAT-200 and what I also need to do for setting the link audio (this is connected to a RLS-1000). I did some adjusting a few weeks ago and moved all of the pots to get the audio "decent" sounding, but I would like to get them all near the correct values.

Comment

Hello Justin,

Once you set your receiver & transmitter port#1 audio with using TP#1 then adjust the voice audio to suite your listening. To set port #2 audio, go thru the same setup as you did for port#1. Set the rx#2 pot at half range, then adjust the rx pot on the RLS-1000 board for whatever port you are using, set TP#1 at 200-220MV. Set the tx#2 pot at half range. Using a hand held listen to the repeater input frequency on another receiver listen to the link output frequency,adjust tx pot on the RLS-1000 & match the input & output audio.

Harlie

Comment

What cap did you end up using.

I am having the same exact issue you posted here. What cap did you use, and were there any other changes that helped?

Originally posted by Harlie View Post
          Hello Justin,

To set audio level into the CAT-200, use an AC voltmeter that will measure below 300MV. Connect the POS lead of the voltmeter to TP # 1 & connect the NEG lead to ground. With a Handheld send DTMF # & set TP # 1 for 200MV to 220MV. Make sure you hold the Handheld away from the controller as RF could interfere with the audio input. The CAT-200 has a place to solder a mylar capacitor (C10), install a (.0047MFD),(.0068MFD),(.0082MFD) one of the 3 should sound a lot better. You will just have to install & see what sounds the best to you. I would start with the (.0047MFD). When you are happy with the sound, then adjust the audio output of the CAT-200 to the transmitter.

Harlie

Comment

Working...
          X