Getting started with ED-400

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting started with ED-400

I haven't found this in the documentation for use of the serial port with so I either need a pointer or it isn't documented. 1. The CAT400 must be powered up once so that you can follow the directions "power down, set switch 8, power up and upload or download, power down, reset dip switch, power up. 2. You can download or upload once and then you must go through the above procedure before you can do another upload or download. 3. The required baud rate is not documented and will be set by the program. I tried my Vista laptop with USB serial port and two XP machines with real serial ports before I figured this out. I have not gone back to the Vista machine with the USB serial port so I don't know if it will work. Has anyone else had this experience? Does the same sequence apply if you activate the serial interface with DTMF codes?

re: Getting started with ED-400

1. The CAT400 must be powered up once so that you can follow the directions "power down, set switch 8, power up and upload or download, power down, reset dip switch, power up.
    When you power up the CAT-400 with dip sw 4 on, that forces the system into the upload/download functions for communicating with the ED400 editor.
    2. You can download or upload once and then you must go through the above procedure before you can do another upload or download.
    Once you are into the above functions, you can upload and download many times.
    3. The required baud rate is not documented and will be set by the program.
    The required baud rate is set by the ED-400 program to the required 4800 baud rate.
    Does the same sequence apply if you activate the serial interface with DTMF codes?
    No, power cycle is not required when entering by DTMF.

73's,
    AL

Comment

Re staff response

My experience does not match response. I can download once or upload once if starting by setting switch 8. Any further attempts fail until I turn the power off, set switch 8 to off, power up, power down, set switch 8 to on, power up. I am using windows xp with a real rs232 port.

My instruction manual says switch 4 determines port #3 COR logic.
      AC4HG

Comment

Working...
      X