X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date and time setting

Is there any way to use the ED-250 sw to set the current date and time (i.e. the *21 control function) ?

That's an interesting suggestion. Just set the CAT-250 clock to the PC's date and time upon an upload. I'll add that to my "to do" list for investigation and will post back here if it can be accomplished or not. Probably around the first part of 2004, just before the Orlando hamfest.

Meanwhile, do other CAT-250 owners with the ED-250W see any disadvantage to this suggestion? Any additional inputs to this suggestion, for or against? I'm looking to see how much interest there is for adding this feature, if it's possible.

73's,
    AL - CAT

Comment

It sounds like a nice addition, as long as it's use is optional/selectable. The clock in my laptop PC doesn't do well at keeping time, and I wouldn't want the wrong time being loaded into the controller.

John

Comment

Hi John,

Thanks for your input.

Yes it would be a good idea but there doesn't seem to be much interest in this new feature. Most likely I'll not be adding in this feature for lack of interest and like you say, while it's a nice addition, I'll not be using it as my computer clock is non reliable. You are the second person to voice that concern about their computer's clock, the other fellow did so via PM.

73's,
        AL - CAT

Comment

That's a shame... I don't think it would take too much to add the capability, and it would be useful for those of us who use a time server PC clock correction utility i.e. www.dimension4.com ... granted once the repeater leaves the shop and goes to the mountain, you are back to DTMF control.
          Mac

Comment

Hi Mac,

No change is just a small change! Coding, verification, testing, documentation, beta testing, etc, etc. Then after that, it's a repeat for the configuration editor!

With only one person giving a reply and that person wanting the feature disabled, .........

73's,
            AL - CAT

Comment

Too bad... My repeater wasn't on the air for more than 12 hours and I had several "complaints" that the clock was off by 2 minutes. And they were serious. Sigh....

Some of us have computers that keep accurate time... Please reconsider.

-Jeff

Comment

Setting the clock with SW would be a nice addition for the 1000B as well. Sid.

Comment

Working...
                X